WORK IN AREAS SUCH AS AIRCRAFT DESIGN, AIRCRAFT PRODUCTION, DEFENSE R&D, CIVIL SECTOR R&D AND ISRO, DEFENCE, COMMERCIAL AVIATION, DGCA, CSIR LABS, DRDO LABS OR MNCS.
To have an international standing for imparting quality technical education in the field of aeronautical engineering and technology, to a more sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Knowledge & Innovation: The department aims in dissemination of knowledge to develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students in to successful Aeronautical Engineers by maintaining best teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools for lifelong learning.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate the state-of-the-art technologies and R & D to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air & space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical responsibility: To nurture Aeronautical Engineers to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while conducting their professional work.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you have a love for aircrafts and the designs behind them, explore this course. It includes study in the areas of Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Flight Vehicle Design, Aircraft Systems & Flight testing. The students get hands on experience through lab experiments in addition to the other engineering disciplines.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
MVJCE is one of the top aeronautical engineering colleges in Bangalore which provides unmatched learning experience to students. To know more about what MVJCE offers to its students please click here
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Permanently affiliated to VTU
Defence (Air Force), HAL, Cades, Quest, Safron, GE, HCL, Satyam Mahindra, TCS, Taneja Aerospace, Goodrich, Labs – NAL, ADE, GTRE, ADA, DRDL, FERRA Aerospace, Airbus etc.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MoA)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1: Employability & Skills: Graduates will be successful Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors by applying the basic principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering, with high quality communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, both as team members and as leaders.
- PEO-2: Professional Development: Graduates will be able to synthesize data & derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- PEO-3: Social & Ethical values: Graduates will use modern engineering techniques, skill and tools with high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfill the societal and personal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO-1: DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD-regulations: Use the standard government regulations/specifications for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts and perform various maintenance related works and synthesize information / data from various sources of Aircraft operations.
- PSO-2: Design, Development & Manufacturing of aircraft and related systems: Carry out the preliminary design and development of aircraft and manufacturing of various systems involved and Predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Dr. R.Maheshprabhu has obtained his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Madurai Kamaraj University in the year 2000. He has completed M.Tech – Industrial Engineering from National institute of Technology, Trichirappalli in the year 2004 and Ph.D from Anna University Chennai in the year 2016. His research areas are quality engineering, process automation and decision support systems. Currently he is working in generation of information system to improve productivity in small and medium scale enterprises. He also developed an information system which automate all ISO 9001:2008 documentation and report generation. He has extended his recent research in designing and fabricating air filters. He has published 3 International journals and 10 national level technical papers. Participated in International conferences and organized faculty development programs.
He has 16 years of teaching and administrative experience from various Universities and industry. He was in different administrative roles such as Head of the department, Programme coordinator of NSS and Compliance manager. He has been certified as a best programme coordinator of NSS in the year 2014. He also serves as reviewer for few International journals and identified resource person for several engineering colleges and Universities.
His areas of interest
Operations research, Decision support systems and Quality engineering.
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
The students get an understanding of nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is explained. The wake and boundary layer survey provide information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness.
Practical knowledge and techniques of Foundry & Forging are demonstrated and practised.
Students obtain hands-on experience in machining skills.
The practical knowledge on measurement techniques is achieved.
Students obtain hands-on experience in material testing techniques.
The CFD analysis and stress analysis techniques are developed through computer software.
Experiments related to aircraft engines, force measurements through wall jets and measurement of speed of flame propagation is checked.
Several time motion studies are made increasing students’ capability in simulation techniques.
It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like reciprocal theorem, buckling phenomenon of columns, WEGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides information on types of nodes and vibration patterns.
The UAV Club helps the students to learn and understand the design and fabrication of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. It encompasses the application of Aerodynamics and Stability in a real aircraft model and helps the students to get a hands-on understanding in Aeronautical Engineering. The Club conducts workshops for helping the students in fabricating these model aircrafts. The Club has signed a MoU with Avian Aerospace and they are setting up a UAV LAB in the campus. Our students have created many models of different types via Quad copters, Hex copters and fixed wing aircrafts which are in the UAV lab and are to be modified to improve their performance.
The Aero Modelling club comprises the glider section; the wire-controlled, powered, fixed-wing aircraft models section; the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft flight simulator section; and the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft section. Students fabricate models from balsa wood and assemble knocked-down kits. The college regularly organises aero modellers’ meets, participates in competitions, and plans to develop more futuristic models. The Aero Modelling Club will soon include activities involving RC helicopters, aircraft with auto stabilisers and jet engine-powered models.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
SANJEEV KUMAR CHOURASIA
P DINESH KUMAR
G CHANDRA BOSE
Gupta S C
Dwebendu Kumar Sahu
Sathya Narayanan P
Nirmalraj K S