The Civil Engineering Course Is Relevant In The Following Areas:
CONSTRUCTION | IRRIGATION DEPARTMENTS | WATER SUPPLY AND SEWAGE BOARD | GIS SERVICES | PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENTS | POLLUTION BOARDS | RURAL AND INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
The Civil DepartmentThe course encompasses several sub disciplines including Environmental engineering, Geotechnical engineering, Structural engineering and Highway engineering. Students build strong foundation in basic science and engineering subjects before being introduced to their core areas such as construction technology, basics of surveying and material testing lab, fluid mechanics and applied engineering geology, environmental engineering and advanced CAD. They study structural analysis, planning and designing structures- including steel and pre stressed concrete structures. In the labs they learn testing of soil strength. This gives them a solid footing in the science of construction. Throughout the span of the course, students build on their understanding of Civil engineering concepts through case studies, hands on projects and industry visits and stay abreast of new advances in the field. The course mandates compulsory internship work in the final year with private or public sector organizations. Civil Department offers two post graduate programmes: Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering. Mechanical Engineering Department is a recognized Research Centre for doing Ph. D. under Visvesavarya Technological University (VTU). Civil Department take up consultancy on Concrete testing and water analysis, Soil analysis, Cement testing, concrete cube testing, fine aggregate testing, steel testing, Design mix, etc., In order to exploit energetic students who continually explore and experiment with design pedagogies, values and innovative practices “ Srishti” club was started in Civil Engineering Department. As part of club activity events like quizzes, model making, debate, poster presentation etc are organized.Department is associated with professional body,Indian Concrete Institute (ICI).
- Optimal Environment for Lifelong Learning: We provide students with an optimal environment,in which they can learn and grow. We aim to arm them with holistic knowledge skill sets, and insight and tools to facilitate a lifelong learning. ￼Our mission is to also provide professional growth for the faculty.
- Enhancing Classroom Approaches: At the Civil Engineering department of MVJCE, we cross classroom boundaries, by marrying lectures with practical and technological applications. We prepare students for a challenging career by equipping them with the required skills and perspectives.
- Periodic Interactions with Industry: We enable students to excel in their chosen careers, by providing them exposure to the latest available technologies. We enhance their opportunities by offering them frequent interactions with industries.
- Value Based Education: We aim to mould our engineers into socially responsible professionals attuned to the challenges of the future.
Our VisionTo shape the next generation of Civil Engineering professionals, who will leverage their expertise with the latest technology, towards making a more sustainable and socially responsible future.
- The Department of Civil Engineering is recognised by VTU as a Research Centre and offers opportunities for PhD research.
- The Department offers postgraduate specializations in Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering.
- The Department is actively engaged in activities such as testing and industrial consultancy, structural design, project management, Building Material testing (Cement, Steel, Sand, Soil, Bricks, Aggregates, Water) and third-party inspections such as with the Panchayat Raj Engineering Division, Bangalore.
- The department possesses its own, independent computational centre for Research & Development, teaching, training, and consultancy.
- The faculty boast of extensive publications and have obtained industrial funding for several R&D projects – Geopolymer as next generation soil, Pellitization Technique for manufacture of Flysch Aggregates Abrasion Characteristics of Railway Ballast, Concrete canoe, to name a few.
- The Department of Civil Engineering has consistently achieved excellent academic results in the University Examinations:
- 2011 – 2012: 1 Rank (UG)
- 2012 – 2013: 2 Rank (UG)
- 2013 – 2014: 1 Rank(PG)
- 2014 – 2015: 1 Rank(UG)
- 2015 – 2016: 2 Rank(PG)
- Some independent research projectsdone by students:
- Light Weight Concrete
- Weigh in Motion and Automatic Signal System
- Study on Light Weight Geopolymer Aggregates
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- VTU Approved Research Centre
- Professional development: To create successful professionals, working in government or Private Organizations.
- Lifelong learning: To instil a thirst for innovative and sustainable practices, leveraging new technology and adapting to fresh perspectives.
- Higher Education: To create an atmosphere which motivates the students to enhance their qualification.
- At the end of the program graduates will gain skills in analysis, design and implementation, structural, geotechnical, transportation, water supply and environmental engineering systems.
- Graduates will be able to apply advanced technology and modern computational methods.
Mr. RAVI KANT TALLURI
Mr. RAVI KANT TALLURI has a degree in Civil Engineering from Andhra University, and a Masters degree in Construction Technology from Bangalore University. He began his career with Grandhi Associates, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, as an Engineer, where he was responsible for Design, Detailing, Estimation and Valuation of Residential / Industrial complexes.
He joined M.V.J. College of Engineering, Bangalore, in 1998 as a Lecturer and rose up to become an Associate Professor. In addition to teaching, he is also responsible for a range of Administration and Consultancy work. He is pursuing Ph.D. at Visvesvaraya Technological University.
|1||Dr. NAGARAJ SITARAM||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D||Professor|
|2||Mr. RAVIKANT TALLURI||B.E., M.E, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor & HOD|
|3||Mr. MURALIDHARA R.||B.E., M.E, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|4||Ms. AYONA NAIR S.||B.Tech, M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|5||Ms. PRERANA AGARWAL||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|6||Ms. ANUPAMA||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|7||Mr. DAMODARAN D.||B.Sc., M.Sc., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|8||Ms. SUSHMA K.S.||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|9||Mr. SHIVAKUMAR N.V||B.Sc., M.Sc., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|10||Ms. T.R. DAKSHAYANI||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|11||Ms. LAKSHMI V.||B.E., M.E., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|12||Ms. HARILEKSHMI S.||B.Tech, M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|13||Ms. PAVITHRA A. DESHANUR||B.E., M.E.||Associate Professor|
|14||Mr. VIJAY B.G.||B.E., M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|15||Ms. THRUPTHISHREE N.K.||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|16||Ms. SHAMBAVI TADKAL||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|17||Mr. RAGHAVENDRA S. SANGANAIKAR||B.E.,M.E.||Associate Professor|
|18||Ms. APOORVA KIRAN||B.E. M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|19||Ms. DASARI PRIYANKA||B.E. M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|20||Ms. NISHA M.||B.E. M.Tech||Associate Professor|
- Structural Engineering Lab Structures lab is used to conduct several tests to determine the compressive strength, flexural strength, determination of modulus of elasticity and modulus of rupture by using loading frames.
- Applied Engineering Geology Identification of Various Rocks and Minerals and studying properties of different types of rocks like Granite, Baselt etc.
- CAD Lab Programming of Elementary Structural Design by using C language, Drawing of Building Plans and Building elements by using Auto CADD.
- Concrete & Highway Lab Determination of properties of Building Materials like Cement, Sand, Coarse Aggregate, Bitumen and Soil by conducting Specific Gravity, Water absorption, Hardness, Abrasion, Soundness etc.
- Environmental Engineering Lab Investigation of Quality of Water – Determination of pH, Acidity, Alkalinity, Solids, Chlorides, Hardness, Chlorine demand and Turbidity of Water. Investigation of Quality of Sewage Water like BOD, COD.
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab Investigation of Soil properties like determining Specific Gravity, Density, Water absorption, permeability, Compaction and Consolidation.
- Survey Lab Transferring of Bench mark and determination of altitudes, azimuths by using Total station and other conventional instruments like Dumpy levels and Theodilites.
- Basic Material Testing Lab Determination of basic properties of building materials like bricks, sand, steel and flooring and roofing tiles.
- Fluid Mechanics Lab Determination of Reynolds number, flow through packed bit, flow through channels, flow through notches, flow through pipes and performance of reciprocating and centrifugal pumps.
- WINNER IN ROBO SOCCER COMPETITION IN ‘TECHNOVATION’
- SECOND PLACE IN PAPER PRESENTATION IN ‘SRUJANOTHSAVA’
- WINNER AT THE PROJECT EXHIBITION COMPETITION IN ‘TECHNOVATION’
- WINNER IN START-UP IDEA PITCHING COMPETITION, ‘SRUJANOTHSAVA’
- WINNER IN ROBO SOCCER COMPETITION IN ‘TECHBLAZE 1.0’
- WINNER IN PAPYRUS (PAPER PRESENTATION COMPETITION) IN ‘TECHBLAZE 1.0’
- WINNER IN INSIGHT (MINI PROJECT COMPETITION) IN ‘AIKYA – 2019’
- WINNER IN KAGAD (PAPER PRESENTATION) IN ‘AIKYA – 2019’
- WINNER IN POSTER PRESENTATION COMPETITION IN ‘AIKYA – 2019’
Department News & Activities
Alumni Visit (Mr. Chandrakanth K A, Director of Consulting, Neudesic
MVJCE marks and values the presence of our Alumnus,...
50TH ENGINEER’S DAY CELEBRATION – 2018
The 50th Engineer’s Day celebration was organized by Department...
Recent Trends in Construction Safety and Alternate Building Materials
The Department of Civil Engineering organized a one-day Faculty...
Industrial Visit to the National Institute of Rock Mechanics (NIRM)
93 students of the 2nd year, from the Department...