To shape the next generation of Civil Engineering professionals, who will leverage their expertise with the latest technology, towards making a more sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Optimal Environment for Lifelong Learning: We provide students with an optimal environment,in which they can learn and grow. We aim to arm them with holistic knowledge skill sets, and insight and tools to facilitate a lifelong learning. ￼Our mission is to also provide professional growth for the faculty.
- Enhancing Classroom Approaches: At the Civil Engineering department of MVJCE, we cross classroom boundaries, by marrying lectures with practical and technological applications. We prepare students for a challenging career by equipping them with the required skills and perspectives.
- Periodic Interactions with Industry: We enable students to excel in their chosen careers, by providing them exposure to the latest available technologies. We enhance their opportunities by offering them frequent interactions with industries.
- Value Based Education: We aim to mould our engineers into socially responsible professionals attuned to the challenges of the future.
Is this course right for you?
- If you are interested in structural design, planning, and construction
- If your interest lies in Surveying, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Irrigation and Water Resource Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering and Building Materials and Construction Technology
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to handhold you through the entire period of study
Then, this is the place for you!
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The Department of Civil Engineering is recognised by VTU as a Research Centre and offers opportunities for PhD research.
- The Department offers postgraduate specializations in Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering.
- The Department is actively engaged in activities such as testing and industrial consultancy, structural design, project management, Building Material testing (Cement, Steel, Sand, Soil, Bricks, Aggregates, Water) and third-party inspections such as with the Panchayat Raj Engineering Division, Bangalore.
- The department possesses its own, independent computational centre for Research & Development, teaching, training, and consultancy.
- The faculty boast of extensive publications and have obtained industrial funding for several R&D projects – Geopolymer as next generation soil, Pellitization Technique for manufacture of Flysch Aggregates Abrasion Characteristics of Railway Ballast, Concrete canoe, to name a few.
- The Department of Civil Engineering has consistently achieved excellent academic results in the University Examinations:
- 2011 – 2012: 1 Rank (UG)
- 2012 – 2013: 2 Rank (UG)
- 2013 – 2014: 1 Rank(PG)
- 2014 – 2015: 1 Rank(UG)
- 2015 – 2016: 2 Rank(PG)
- Some independent research projectsdone by students:
- Light Weight Concrete
- Weigh in Motion and Automatic Signal System
- Study on Light Weight Geopolymer Aggregates
Consultancy: The Department faculty are extensively engaged in consulting work.
To know more about what MVJCE offers to its students please click here.
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- VTU Approved Research Centre
•DEB Projects, •JMC Projects, •Secon Survey, •Sobha Developers, •Digital India Ltd, •Puravankara Projects, •TRC India Ltd, •Chaitanya Constructions, •L&T, •Nagarjuna Constructions, •Brigade Group, •PWD, •CPWD, •Pollution Control Board, •BWSSB, •BBMP, •BDA.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Professional development: To create successful professionals, working in government or Private Organizations.
- Lifelong learning: To instil a thirst for innovative and sustainable practices, leveraging new technology and adapting to fresh perspectives.
- Higher Education: To create an atmosphere which motivates the students to enhance their qualification.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- At the end of the program graduates will gain skills in analysis, design and implementation, structural, geotechnical, transportation, water supply and environmental engineering systems.
- Graduates will be able to apply advanced technology and modern computational methods.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Mr. RAVI KANT TALLURI
Mr. RAVI KANT TALLURI has a degree in Civil Engineering from Andhra University, and a Masters degree in Construction Technology from Bangalore University. He began his career with Grandhi Associates, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, as an Engineer, where he was responsible for Design, Detailing, Estimation and Valuation of Residential / Industrial complexes.
He joined M.V.J. College of Engineering, Bangalore, in 1998 as a Lecturer and rose up to become an Associate Professor. In addition to teaching, he is also responsible for a range of Administration and Consultancy work. He is pursuing Ph.D. at Visvesvaraya Technological University.
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
The course encompasses several sub disciplines including Environmental engineering, Geotechnical engineering, Structural engineering and Highway engineering. Students build strong foundation in basic science and engineering subjects before being introduced to their core areas such as construction technology, basics of surveying and material testing lab, fluid mechanics and applied engineering geology, environmental engineering and advanced CAD. They study structural analysis, planning and designing structures- including steel and pre stressed concrete structures. In the labs they learn testing of soil strength. This gives them a solid footing in the science of construction. Throughout the span of the course, students build on their understanding of Civil engineering concepts through case studies, hands on projects and industry visits and stay abreast of new advances in the field. The course mandates compulsory internship work in the final year with private or public sector organizations.
Civil Department offers two post graduate programmes: Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering. Mechanical Engineering Department is a recognized Research Centre for doing Ph. D. under Visvesavarya Technological University (VTU). Civil Department take up consultancy on Concrete testing and water analysis, Soil analysis, Cement testing, concrete cube testing, fine aggregate testing, steel testing, Design mix, etc.,
In order to exploit energetic students who continually explore and experiment with design pedagogies, values and innovative practices “ Srishti” club was started in Civil Engineering Department. As part of club activity events like quizzes, model making, debate, poster presentation etc are organized.Department is associated with professional body,Indian Concrete Institute (ICI).
- NadikeshwarSulegoan (1MJ15CTE07) -1st rank in VTU in M. Tech Transportation Engineering in the year 2017.
- SNEHA PAGAD (1MJ15CTE11) -2nd rank in VTU in M. Tech Transportation Engineering in the year 2017.
- KARTIK (1MJ15CTE03) -3rd rank in VTU in M. Tech Transportation Engineering in the year 2017.
- MrAmar Tukadi (1MJ14CSE02) -2nd rank in VTU in M. Tech Structural Engineering in the year 2016.
- Ms Monika M (1MJ14CTE09) -2nd rank in VTU in M. Tech Transportation Engineering in the year 2016.
- Final year students of civil, ShivaprasadSajjanar, Manoj Kumar, Abhishek K K, SharathBabu, participated in Innovation Day and National Level Project Expo – 2016 MVJCE, Bangalore and won first prize for displaying their project “High Performance Concrete for PSC Sleepers”
- Mr.Suman.N Secured Gold Medal in VTU State Level Judo (90kg) event held at KLS’S VDRIT Haliyal – 2016-2017.
- Suman.N Secured Silver Medal in VTU State Level Wrestling event held at KLS’S VDRIT Haliyal – 2016-2017.
- Suman.NCleared National Quarter final Judo event held at Kurukshetra, Haryana – 2016-2017.
- Suman.N Secured Bronze Medal in VTU State Level Judo (100kg) event held at KLS’S VDRIT Haliyal – 2014-2015.
- Dinesh T Secured Bronze Medal in VTU State Level Judo (100 kg) event held at KLS’S VDRIT Haliyal – 2014-2015.
- Dinesh T Secured 3rd Place for Javelin Throw in VTU’s 18th Inter collegiate athletic Meet held at Sir MVIT Bangaluru on 24th to 27th March 2016
- Dinesh T Secured 1st Place for Javelin Throw in VTU’s 19th Inter collegiate athletic Meet held at K.G.F on 15rd to 18th NOV 2016.
- Dinesh T Secured 1st Place for Javelin Throw in VTU’s 20th Inter collegiate athletic Meet held at VTU Belagavi on 3rd to 6th NOV 2017.
- Canoe Boat: The students from department of civil engineering, MVJ College of Engineering designed and built a concrete canoe to seat two people to row the canoe. This project was undertaken for a national level competition conducted by IIT Madras in association with the Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) during August 22nd& 23rd 2015 at IIT, Chennai. MVJCE is the only college in Karnataka State participated in the competition. The students were able to complete the project on time by overcoming the challenges with respect to the design and fabrication of the concrete canoe as per the stipulation of the competition. IIT Madras gave a cheque for Rs.20, 000 to the MVJCE students in recognition of their efforts in developing the Canoe.
- Vishnu Raj S Menon, Won Mr. India -2016, the event was organized in Mumbaion December 11th, 2015
In order to exploit energetic students who continually explore and experiment with design pedagogies, values and innovative practices “ Srishti” club was started in Civil Engineering Department. As part of club activity we usually organize events like quizzes, model making, debate, poster presentation etc.