This lab helps to learn the basic knowledge of mathematics and engineering in finding the strength in tension, compression, shear, torsion, and flexure of various materials. Through this lab students will be able to evaluate the impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues regarding failure of structures due to unsuitable materials.
List of Major Equipment’s
- Universal Testing Machine (60 T Capacity)
- Torsion Testing Machine
- Impact testing machine
- Hardness testing machine
List of Major Experiments
- Tension test, Compression test and Torsional test Specimens
- Bending Test on Wood Under two point loading.
- Shear Test on Mild steel- single and double shear
- Impact test on Mild Steel (Charpy&Izod)
- Hardness tests on ferrous and non-ferrous metals- Brinell’s, Rockwell and Vicker’s.
- Demonstration of Strain gauges and Strain indicators