C is a middle-level programming language developed by Dennis Ritchie during the early 1970s while working at AT&T Bell Labs in the USA. The objective of its development was in the context of the re-design of the UNIX operating system to enable it to be used on multiple computers.
- As a middle-level language, C combines the features of both high-level and low-level languages. It can be used for low-level programming, such as scripting for drivers and kernels and it also supports functions of high-level programming languages, such as scripting for software applications etc.
- C is a structured programming language which allows a complex program to be broken into simpler programs called functions. It also allows free movement of data across these functions.
- C is a general-purpose programming language and can efficiently work on enterprise applications, games, graphics, and applications requiring calculations, etc.
The laboratory on the same will let:
- To introduce students to the basic knowledge of programming fundamentals of C language.
- To impart writing skill of C programming to the students and solving problems.
- To impart the concepts like looping, array, functions, pointers, file, structure.
Major Equipment/Software used in the Lab along with the images: