Work in areas such as Power Systems, Control Engineering, Power Electronics, Drives, Computer Architecture.
To produce adequately trained socially responsible and innovative engineers in the area of electrical & electronics engineering, competent enough to enhance the image of the country in international arena.
- Quality Education: Commitment to world class teaching, mentoring and intellectual stimulation.
- Industry Ready: Exposure to latest technologies and industrial practices through industrial interaction and collaboration.
- Social Responsibility: Inculcating value based education leading to social awareness.
- Entrepreneur: Encouraging Entrepreneurship activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you have a love for electrical systems and electrical energy, explore this course. It includes study of Generation, Transmission and distribution of Electrical Power. Electronic Applications in electrical equipments & systems are also studied in this course.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
MVJCE is one of the top electrical and electronics engineering colleges in Bangalore which provides unmatched learning experience to students. To know more about what MVJCE offers to its students please click here.
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Centre
PR&DC, ABB, GE, KPTCL, Jindal Steels, IFB, TCS, Infosys, IBM, CTS, Wipro, L&T, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Caritor, Tata Elxsi, HP, Sasken, National Instruments, Texas Instruments, Huawei, etc.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Professional Career: Graduates will have a flourishing career in electrical and electronics engineering or associated industries.
- PEO-2: Perspective towards lifelong learning: Graduates will have ability to adapt with emerging trends and carries research.
- PEO-3: Environment sustainability: Graduates will acquire managerial skill to solve technical issues at the least economical and ecological cost.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO-1: Environment and Sustainability: Generate electric energy using sustainable sources and design a smart distributed generation system for rural upliftment.
- PSO-2: Investigation of complex problems: Identify and analyze the harmonics created in electrical systems in synergy with power electronics and controllers.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Has obtained her Master’s degree in Power electronics from VTU, and B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from ACCET, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu. She has a teaching experience of around 8 years and is a part of MVJCE from July 2013. Her area of interest is Power Electronics and Renewable Energy sources. Guided various students Projects in the areas of Power Electronics.
Has carried out the simulation of Half Impulse Radiating Antenna using Computer Simulation Technology and Presented a paper titled “ Simulation of half Impulse Radiating Antenna” in IEEE conference.
Research Development Initiative Programme
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
Deals with Analog Electronics circuits, its fabrication and its analysis.
This lab deals with various Electrical measurements and measuring equipments and its applications. Simulation of various electric circuits are also conducted in this lab.
Study and analysis of various control system components and control system modules are done in this lab.
Conduct experiments on digital logic, design and implementation of digital circuits.
Various tests and performance evaluation of DC machines, induction machines, transformers and synchronous machines are done in this lab.
Programming and applications of microcontrollers for various applications. Both hardware and simulation programs are available in the lab.
Experiments related to power electronics circuits like rectifiers, inverters, choppers, drives and control of various machines using the power electronics modules are done here.
Computer simulation of various power system problems and its solutions are observed here.
Experiments related to high voltage engineering are done in this laboratory. Testing of various relays for its performance and application.
Centre of Excellence
Dr. Subir Ray
Devabalaji K R
Jaanaki S M
Sarin M V
Sathish Kumar H
Kiruthika R K