General Instructions given to the Participants:
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
- Malpractices will not be tolerated. If detected, the team will be directly disqualified.
- Discussions about any subject with other groups not allowed.
- Decision of judges is final. No arguments will be entertained.
- Time limits should be strictly followed.
ROUND 1: BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICAL QUIZ
- This Round consisted of 15 questions.
- The first 10 questions carried 1 mark each, the time allotted for each question was 1 minute.
- The next 5 questions carried 2 marks each, the time allotted for each question was 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- No negative marking.
- Top scoring teams qualified for the Second round.
- Questions were displayed on the screen.
- Answers had to be written on the A4 sheet provided.
- Everyone could participate in this round.
- This round consisted of 2 questions.
- Which team answers the question :
(i)The team which is already qualified for second round, they’ll go to the round 2(b) without attending Medical pot round that is 2(a).
(ii)The team which is not qualified in round 1 they enter to enter round 2(a) and they will go for working process round that is 2(b).
2(A): MEDICAL POT
- The participants had to find the Med-Tech word by asking closed loop questions (questions which have only Yes/No answers) to the team members.
- If the answer was wrong, a second chance was given. If the answer was wrong the second time also, the team was disqualified.
- Other teams were not allowed to prompt the answers.
- The maximum time given to find the answer was 6 minutes.
2(B): WORKING PROCESS
- The participants had to talk about the Med-Tech word.
- All three members in a team could speak.
- The time taken was considered for marks evaluation.
- Effective speaking was held as a primary consideration to qualify into the next round.
- The top five speakers qualified for the Third round.
ROUND 3: WORKING OF BIO DEVICE AND ITS REAL TIME
- Each team was given different clues. They had to solve and find the place where the next clue is hidden.
- Once the next clue was found, the students had to report to the Coordinator, and find the second clue with the help of the first one.
- If they were unable to find the place using the first clue, they had to report to the Coordinator to get the second clue. 1 mark was reduced for each clue missed.
- Once the final clue was found, they had to report to the coordinator with the treasure.
- Students had to then prepare a chart about the final biomedical word (treasure).
- The last team had 10 minutes for preparing the chart.
- The presentation was to be based on the innovative ideas and imagination of the students.
- Out of the five teams, top three scorers were awarded cash prize and certificates.
OUTCOME OF THE CLUB ACTIVITY
Club activities act as a platform for exchanging ideas and for dissemination of information, by bringing all semester students together, under one roof.
Prizes were given to the best two teams, based on the following criteria:
- How recent the recent technology is
- Way of presentation
- Knowledge of the topic
||TEAM MEMBERS NAME
- Sri Lakshmi S
- Pushpalatha S
- Pramod G
- Chaitra B Hathwar
- Haseeba Kousar
- Kirthana. C
- A. Abdullah
- Avinash Murugesan
The Event was attended by peers of the participating students of 5th and 7th semesters of Medical Electronics, as well as the faculty.