The fundamental objective of an info-graphic is to convey complex information to the audience in a way that makes it relevant and easy to digest and understand.
Info-graphics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge, intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to tap on the ability of the human visual system to see patterns and trends. The participants are expected to create an info graphic 1-2 minute video, providing solution to an existing problem in society. The winner will be judged on the creativity and content of the video.
ROUND 1 – Qualifying Round
- Students use info-graphics to quickly communicate a message, to simplify the presentation of large amounts of data, to see data patterns and relationships, and to monitor changes in variables over time.
- In this Round, each team will be provided with a social message. So, the teams have to animate the given theme, using any software like adobe flash, flash 8, MS office etc.
- Time Limit: 40 – 50 Minutes.
- The qualifiers will be judged on the creativity and design.
ROUND 2 (Make it infographic) – Final round
- In this Round each team will be given 10 minutes to select an existing problem in Indian society like Pollution, Traffic etc.
- Each team has to do requirement analysis on the selected problem statement, with a solution to it, and make an info-graphic video based on that requirement analysis, within a span of 1 hour 30 minutes. The video duration should be 1 – 2 minutes.
- The team with the best solution and creative ideas will win the final prize. The event consists of 6 rounds in all, split into morning and afternoon sessions
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Each team can consist of two members.
- Software to be used is macromedia flash 8, Adobe flash pro, MS office.
- The video should not exceed 2 minutes.
- Laptops should be brought with active internet connection.
- Video editing software such as Premium pro, Filmora, or any other, can be used.
- The participants need to have knowledge of animation and video editing.
- The student should have his/her Id card from respective institution.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 100 per team.
- The video should be created on the event day.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final.
- 1st Prize – Rs.5000/-
- 2nd Prize – Rs.3000/-
- 3rd Prize – Rs.2000/-
|Ms. Ashwini H K||9964730384|